Development of rapid quantitative MR techniques based on steady-state free precession (SSFP) sequences
Since Sept. 2017: Postdoctoral Fellow, Max Planck Institute for Biological Cybernetics, Tübingen, Germany.
June 2015: PhD degree in Biophysics (Magnetic Resonance Imaging), University of Basel, Switzerland. Thesis title: Rapid magnetic resonance tissue relaxometry in the steady state.
May 2010: Master of Science degree in Physics, University of Basel, Switzerland. Master's thesis in Theoretical Physics. Thesis title: Operator control of a Heisenberg chain by locally acting on a single end qubit.
Sept. 2008: Bachelor of Science degree in Physics, University of Basel, Switzerland.
November 2015: Gorter Young Investigator Award of the German Chapter ISMRM for the dissertation Rapid magnetic resonance tissue relaxometry in the steady state.
May 2014: ISMRM Summa Cum Laude Merit Award for the work Fast B1-insensitive T2 relaxometry of the human brain at high to ultra-high fields.
April 2013: ISMRM Magna Cum Laude Merit Award for the work Triple echo steady state (TESS) relaxometry.
List of publications:
- Heule R, Celicanin Z, Kozerke S, Bieri O. Simultaneous multislice triple-echo steady-state (SMS-TESS) T1, T2, PD, and off-resonance mapping in the human brain. Magn Reson Med, doi: 10.1002/mrm.27126, 2018.
- Heule R, Pfeuffer J, Bieri O. Snapshot whole-brain T1 relaxometry using steady-state prepared spiral multislice variable flip angle imaging. Magn Reson Med, 79(2):856-866, 2018.
- Heule R, Bieri O. Rapid and robust variable flip angle T1 mapping using interleaved 2D multislice spoiled gradient echo imaging. Magn Reson Med, 77(4):1606-1611, 2017.
- Riegler G, Drlicek G, Kronnerwetter C, Heule R, Bieri O, Bodner G, Lieba-Samal D, Trattnig S. High-resolution axonal bundle (fascicle) assessment and triple-echo steady-state T2 mapping of the median nerve at 7 T: Preliminary experience. Invest Radiol, 51(8):529-535, 2016.
- Kraff O, Lazik-Palm A, Heule R, Bieri O, Quick HH. 7 Tesla quantitative hip MRI: A comparison between TESS and CPMG for T2 mapping. MAGMA, 29(3):503-512, 2016.
- Juras V, Bohndorf K, Heule R, Kronnerwetter C, Szomolanyi P, Hager B, Bieri O, Zbyn S, Trattnig S. A comparison of multi-echo spin-echo and triple-echo steady-state T2 mapping for in vivo evaluation of articular cartilage. Eur Radiol, 26(6):1905-1912, 2016.
- Heule R, Ganter C, Bieri O. Variable flip angle T1 mapping in the human brain with reduced T2 sensitivity using fast radiofrequency-spoiled gradient echo imaging. Magn Reson Med, 75(4):1413-1422, 2016.
- Heule R, Bär P, Mirkes C, Scheffler K, Trattnig S, Bieri O. Triple-echo steady-state T2 relaxometry of the human brain at high to ultra-high fields. NMR Biomed, 27(9):1037-1045, 2014.
- Heule R, Ganter C, Bieri O. Rapid estimation of cartilage T2 with reduced T1 sensitivity using double echo steady state imaging. Magn Reson Med, 71(3):1137-1143, 2014.
- Heule R, Ganter C, Bieri O. Triple echo steady-state (TESS) relaxometry. Magn Reson Med, 71(1):230-237, 2014.
- Heule R, Bruder C, Burgarth D, Stojanovic VM. Controlling qubit arrays with anisotropic XXZ Heisenberg interaction by acting on a single qubit. Eur Phys J D, 63(1):41-46, 2011.
- Heule R, Bruder C, Burgarth D, Stojanovic VM. Local quantum control of Heisenberg spin chains. Phys Rev A, 82(5):052333, 2010.