Calls for applications for our 5-year track are issued once a year. We strongly recommend submitting your application as early as possible. Submitting early will give us more time to carefully check your application and contact you if we have any questions. After submitting, you cannot make changes to your application anymore.
Please apply in two steps:
Please use the University of Tübingen Online Application Portal (Link see below) and choose your desired neuroscience MSc program:
- "Neural Information Processing (Master)"
- "Neuro- und Verhaltenswissenschaft (Master)" [=Neural & Behavioural Sciences] or
- "Zelluläre und Molekulare Neurowissenschaften (Master)" [=Cellular & Molecular Neuroscience].
Fill in the fields and upload the documents asked for in pdf format (small sized!). You will be guided through the complete procedure. Please take your time and read the instructions carefully.
Specific requirements – documents to be uploaded
Before you start with filling in your online application, you should prepare the following essential documents, which need to be uploaded as pdf-files and submitted along with your application:
- Transcripts & Degree Certificate: Applicants have to submit complete academic records and copies of degrees awarded (Bachelor's degree certificate). Transcripts or degree certificates issued in languages other than German or English must be accompanied by a German or English translation. The Grade Point Average (GPA) must be indicated on your transcript. Applications are welcome even if the required degree (B.Sc.) has not been awarded by the time of application, as long as the degree will be conferred before courses start in October.
- English Proficiency Requirements (TOEFL, IELTS, CAE)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of academic purpose: Please present and discuss your academic and career objectives. Be as specific as you can about your particular interests in neuroscience and why you plan to pursue your graduate studies in Tübingen. Describe your preparation for the neuroscience program (e.g., research projects in which you have participated) beyond what is apparent from your transcripts.
Your statement is an important part of the application. It should be clear, concise, and well-crafted (2 pages at most). This statement of academic purpose must include a statement that you are applying for the 5-year PhD track in order to do a PhD (Dr. rer. nat. of Neuroscience). If you have contacted a potential supervisor, please indicate this.
Please print out the pdf generated after having finished your online application. Sign the last page and e-mail a scan/pdf of it to firstname.lastname@example.org