Working at the MPI
About 200 people, including guest scientists and students, are currently working at the MPI for Biological Cybernetics. Approximately 130 are working in the scientific field as scientists, postdocs, PhD or master students. Further we have guest scientists and technical staff. The scientists are supported by the administration, the infrastructure facilities and the workshops. People from 40 different countries are working here, creating a very international atmosphere.
The Max Planck Institute Biological Cybernetics offers a variety of jobs, such as Postdoc and PhD positions, as well as positions for bachelor and master students, research assistants and also positions as participants in experiments. Further about 4 trainees are starting their apprenticeship every year. We offer apprenticeships in the area of office administration, precision mechanic or systems technician.
Speculative Applications in the Scientific Field
Note that even if at a given point in time, we might not have advertised scientific openings, we may still accept applications, provided they are outstanding. In your cover letter, you should mention the names of people to whom the application is directed as well as the areas of particular interest. Please send your application via email to the department of your interest:
- Computational Neuroscience: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Physiology of Cognitive Processes: conchy.moya[at]tuebingen.mpg.de
- High-field Magnetic Resonance: tina.schroeder[at]tuebingen.mpg.de
- Sensory & Sensorymotor Systems: email@example.com
Complete applications should contain:
- Scientist/Postdoc position: CV, publication list, statement of research interests, names and contact data of at least two referees
- PhD student position: CV, grades (German Diplom / M.Sc.), statement of research interests.
Please note that we cannot accept students with a bachelor degree for doing a Ph.D. with us. A comparable degree to German Diplom or a M.Sc. is required. It may, however, be possible to get this M.Sc. in Tübingen and write the M.Sc. thesis with us.
- Internship position: CV, grades, statement of future career plans and research interests.