Alumni of the Group Autonomous Robotics and Human-Machine Systems
In recent years Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) has attracted society in terms of economic and scientific scenario and is employed to a large extent in civilian and military applications. UAV plays a pivotal role, performing tasks in highly hostile environments, where access to humans is limited.
UAV that can autonomously operate in indoor environments are envisioned to be useful for a variety of applications including surveillance and search and rescue. For all these application the imperative part is the localization of UAV. For these autonomous aerial vehicles, precise localization is crucial in order to achieve high performance flights. Increasing innovation in the field of electronic communications has led to a current trend of utilizing sensing system such as Global positioning system (GPS),dead reckoning system, radio technologies or the vision for localization of UAV.
The real challenge is to build an efficient 3D indoor localization system for the UAVs. In our research group we deal with this challenge of building such efficient UAV localization system fusing the data from RFID sensor measurement with INS measurements.
- Aug 2010 Present: Research scientist, Max Planck Institute for Biological Cybernetics, Tuebingen, Germany.
- May 2006 July 2010: Embedded systems group: PhD Scholar and Research Staff for AmbiSense research project (Förderprogramms Informationstechnik in Baden-Württemberg)
- May 2006 Aug 2009: Head of Multimedia Practical course, University of Tuebingen, Germany.
- July 2004 April 2005: IT Programmer, Tenet, IITM, Chennai, India.
- May 2003 June 2004: Internship student and programmer, Astem technologies, Chennai, India.
- May 2003 June 2004: Part time lecturer, Velammal college of Engineering, Chennai, India.
Personal Skills and Competence
- Obtained grant from support program Information Technology Baden-Wuerttemberg (BW-FIT) from Feb 2006 till July 2010 for my PhD.
- Won Best student award of SASTRA Deemed University for M.Tech (CSE) during 2002-2003.
- Awarded 1st prize in DEBUGGING and Quiz at district level software contest in 1997.
- Co-author of the book Optical networking 2004, Charulatha Publications, Chennai.