Who should apply?
We are looking for highly motivated PhD students who have a record of excellence in their previous studies. PhD students who have been enrolled in the GTC doctoral program since July 2020 and who are supervised by IMPRS faculty members are welcome to apply. If you are not yet a PhD student in Tübingen, then you can apply directly to join the lab of one of the IMPRS faculty members. If they accept you, and you enroll in the GTC doctoral program, then you can apply to join the IMPRS-MMFD PhD track.
How do I apply?
Before you apply for direct access to the doctoral phase in the IMPRS program, you need to be enrolled in the GTC doctoral program. If you are not enrolled yet, please find further information on how to enrol at the GTC here.
To apply to the IMPRS-MMFD PhD track, please submit the following materials online:
- A two-page motivational letter, which 1) explains why you want to become part of the IMPRS-MMFD, 2) contains a short description of your prospective/current research project and 3) contains the composition of your advisory board
- Your current Curriculum Vitae which should include your educational background, work experience, full citations for any publications you may have, details of research presentations you have given, and any awards you have received
- Your master degree and transcript
- a letter of support from your primary supervisor (who must be a member of the IMPRS Faculty)
- please upload additional documents (that have already been part of your GTC application):
- Thesis Proposal
- all existing Advisory Board Meeting Forms
- optionally, additional documents such as your master’s thesis, published papers or descriptions of projects in which you have been involved may be submitted as well.
Please upload all additional documents as a single PDF (<20 MB)
Application Portal is open!
When will I receive an answer about my application?
All applicants will be contacted by email by October 11th, 2022 with the decision about their application. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an online interview between October 17th and 28th, 2022.