Alumni of the Group Perception and Action in Virtual Environments
I am an Intern Student from Cardiff University working in the research group, Perception and Action in Virtual Environments (PAVE) within the department of Human Perception, Cognition and Action (Supervised by Dr Tobias Meilinger). I am interested in how we navigate through everyday environments and investigate this using Virtual Reality.
2009 - 2013 Cardiff University
BSc Psychology (2nd Year Student Predicted Grade Class 2:1)
Modules include Social Psychology, Perception, Cognitive Psychology, Biological Psychology, Psychological Research, Research Design, Statistics and Computing.
2007 2009 The Thomas Hardye School, Dorchester
3 A Levels: Psychology (A), German (A) and Media Studies (A)
1 AS Level: Performing Arts (A).
2002 2007 All Saints C of E School, Weymouth
11 GCSEs including English Language and Mathematics Grade B. A*s in German and Media Studies and As in Philosophy and Ethics and Performing Arts.
2011-2011 Weymouth Sealife Park (Seasonal Work)
- Giving presentations and talks on the history, welfare and living conditions of the animals present at the park which include seals, turtles, otters, sharks, rays and sea anemones.
- Organise and coordinate games for the children.
- Dress in variety of costumes, act as fictional characters and read stories to the children.
2009- Now Compass Group Letheby and Christopher
Team Leader & Bar Supervisor at the Cardiff City Stadium & Millennium Stadium
- Ensuring units are fully stocked.
- Assigning workers to their roles.
- Operating tills and bar pumps.
- Counting all money and stock.
- Responsible for training any new staff.
- I work well when allocated to work with a new group of individuals for each game. I always ensure everyone is comfortable and fully aware of their roles.
2008 2009 The Olive Grove Coffee House, Weymouth
- Communicating and taking orders from customers.
- Operating tills and coffee equipment.
- Cooking the food and preparing drinks.
- I worked well in a small team under considerable pressure maintaining a high degree of accuracy.
- Good written and communication skills gained during 1st and 2nd year of my degree where clear, concise reports are essential. Verbal communication skills developed through presentations and from LAMDA speech and acting exams.
- IT literate in a range of packages including Word, Excel, Access and SPSS.
- Fluent German Speaker.
- Languages: I can speak fluent German, conversational Turkish and basic Armenian.
- Theatre: I am a member of National Youth Theatre and Cardiff University Drama Society. I have completed a two week placement at the Weymouth Pavilion Theatre as a lighting and sound technician.
- Exploring different cultures: In June 2011 I volunteered (as part of SKIP Cardiff)at Novinki Orphanage in Belarus where I played with and organised trips for children with mental and physical disabilities such as cerebral palsy. I am also a volunteer worker for Global Love, a charity which aims to help children see the world in a positive light.
- Organising Events: I have helped to organise charity concerts for NASCO (Natilla School Complex, Ghana), and have raised money through car boot sales, raffles and seed selling.
- Entertaining the Elderly: For several years I have been singing at local hospitals, nursing homes, residential homes and hospices, both voluntarily and for charity. This has developed my organisational skills and interaction with severely ill and elderly patients.