The MPI for Biological Cybernetics is looking for participants for scientific studies investigating human perception. The experiments are perceptual or behavioral experiments
, which are usually performed on the computer. These are no medical experiments. Participation in experiments is financially compensated on an hourly basis ranging between 8-12 € per hour
The tasks of the participants differ and depend on the particular experiment.
Below we have listed a few projects for which we need/have needed participants as examples of the variety of tasks to expect:
Finding your way between two designated locations either in the real world or in a virtual world.
- Perception of Faces and Facial Expressions
Participants are asked to recognize faces or classify them. During the experiment faces are presented as images or videos.
- Social Interactions
Participants have to interact with avatars in a virtual world.
We also conduct experiments using imaging methods that record brain activity during a task (for example fMRI, EEG, etc.).
If you would like to participate in our experiments, then please sign up for our participant database:
This is how it works:
- Please go to the participant database website: https://experiments.tuebingen.mpg.de.
- Registrer on the website by clicking on the link 'register' and complete the required infomration.
- Log in using your username and password you just created.
- Look through the experiments, read the requirements and sign up for a time slot which works best for you.
If you have any further questions about the participant database, then please contact Stephanie Bertenbreiter: presse-kyb[at]tuebingen.mpg.de